TriadWorks is a collaborative of four Workforce Development Boards (WDB) in the Piedmont Triad. We help build a talent pipeline of work-ready individuals to meet the demands of our region’s businesses.
What is a Workforce Development Board?
Workforce Development Boards (WDB) are local private-public partnerships that direct funds from the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) to training and worker development programs that make a real difference to the citizens and businesses in our counties.
Workforce Boards also oversee NCWorks Career Centers. Career Centers give workers and employers access to the information, training and other support services offered by all of our partners, under one roof.
Board members represent private business, government agencies, community groups, public education, and economic development. The positions of Chair and Vice-Chair are held by individuals from private-sector businesses.
Which WDBs Comprise TriadWorks?
- DavidsonWorks Workforce Development Board – Davidson County
- Guilford County Workforce Development Board – Guilford County
- Northwest Piedmont Workforce Development Board – Caswell, Davie, Forsyth, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Yadkin Counties.
- Regional Partnership Workforce Development Board – Alamance, Orange, Montgomery, Moore, Randolph Counties.
A WDB's mission is to make the best investment of the available resources. For TriadWorks, that means regional communication, cooperation, and collaboration so that our four Boards present a unified system of support to our region’s economy.
- It means understanding commuting patterns between our local areas.
- It means coordinating the efforts of our Business Services Team.
- It means innovation and planning together, to allow for better alignment of education and training resources with employers' needs.
TriadWorks Directors meet monthly with a shared vision: to build a globally-competitive, highly-skilled, forward-looking workforce. Developing this workforce takes a cooperative approach to four strategic goals outlined in the TriadWorks strategic plan:
- Maximize the Workforce Development System to provide a skilled workforce to improve the quality of life and create opportunities for individuals in the TriadWorks region.
- Foster collaboration and build relationships with committed partners and stakeholders to strive for common goals and to become a catalyst for change.
- Enhance the quality of Workforce Development delivery systems to become the "go to" place for responsive solutions to meet customers' needs.
- Develop a multi-faceted communications and marketing plan connecting our communities and stakeholders to workforce development services and resources